Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bellet night

A few weeks ago my husband and I bought last minute tickets to see the Cincinnati Ballet perform the Nutcracker- a favorite of mine. We were so excited to get 4th row tickets and even more excited when we got to the theater and our 4th row seats turned out to be 1st row seats! I'm no Ballet aficionado, but I certainly appreciated things on a whole new level being that close and highly recommend it!

I was also excited for a chance to wear my awesome purple party dress that I had purchased over the summer. Even though I had not been a fan of dresses until very recently, i had long ago found that I loved getting pretty cocktail dresses for special occasions- too bad the realization that getting a good fit and fun style would work for casual dresses took so darn long! Anyway, I usually would not buy a dress just because I like it, but when my husband and I were in the Calvin Klein outlet over the summer I tried this dress on for fun and when I showed it to him he declared I had to buy it!
Dress: Calvin Klein; Tights: Target;
Shoes: Franco Sarto; Clutch; Nine west

Here is a detail shot:

Awesome tights:

Dangly earrings:
I actually intended to wear my hair up, but the husband is a big fan of it down, so I decided to go with that this time. Next time I think I will try it up! That way you get the full effect of the neckline.

I usually wear a shorter, more casual winter jacket but broke out my old pea coat for the more formal occasion. I got this coat in college, and unfortunately it was during a time when I was several sizes larger, plus I got the coat to fit over a suit! Needless to say, it was a drafty walk downtown.

I did wear a very special pin on my jacket though. This pin was on my wedding dress! I still have intentions of donating the dress, but will be keeping the pin. It's just to pretty to part with!

Hooray for the ballet! We both enjoyed it very much and hope to go again sometime soon.

6 comments:

Kyla said...

That is such a beautiful dress! I love the color!

Lesa said...

Glad you had fun, love the dress, love the brooch more!

Unknown said...

That dress looks hot on you! Love the detailing :)

Bianca C said...

gorgeous of course! love the purple!!

Jess said...

*Sigh* I love this dress. :D

Kelly said...

Love this dress on you!