Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Deceptively Warm

Dress: Context? via consignment;
Jacket: Banana Republic; boots: Volatile

After seeing Tina's Target dress, I have had the urge to wear this one, which from a distance looks similar (at least to me). I had been yearning for orange tights to pair it with, but own no such tights. Why it didn't occur to me until I was staring at my jacket/sweater section of my closet this morning that I could wear my *orange jacket* instead, is beyond me! I was not only pleased with the way this all looks together, but was also happy with all the warmth! I have an undershirt under the dress and of course tall socks under the boots, so I was nice and toasty all day long!

I had been eying these boots online for ages, but in the picture they appear much lighter so I never thought they would be practical enough for me to buy. I decided to just give them a try because they looked so fun, and I'm glad I did! I really love this darker color and some cushiony inserts make the tall heel fairly manageable.

4 comments:

Kyla said...

Girl, you look gooooood! I love this combination and those boots are stellar!

And I think it's awesome that you thought I am taller than you! hehehe - I am a mere 5'3".

Jess said...

Thanks! I've been surprisingly pleased with these boots.

I'm a giant!!!! Hee hee hee....

FutureLint said...

Beautiful dress! I love how you've spiced it up with the bright blazer!

Bianca C said...

What a great combo with the boots, dress and jacket! I love the combo. I actually like that dress a lot too. Everyone always has such awesome dresses from Target!