Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fishes


Jacket: Gap; Shirt: NY & Co;
Cami: Banana Republic; Jeans: Old Navy;
Shoes: Nine West; Pin: unknown

Ahhh Thursday- how nice of you to arrive and plop me on the downward slope to the weekend! The picture on the right has far better coloring, but I cut off the tips of my head and feet! So you get two not all that different poses today. All I did was slightly shift the angle between taking these two photos- or perhaps the sun decided to come out?

I always love the way pins look on all the fashionable ladies whose blogs I frequent, but I never really had any pins to give it much of an effort. Or so I thought! I have had this fishy pin for pretty much ever, so I decided it was high time he made his way onto actual clothing. I'm not sure if you can see the cami all that well, but it has lovely lace along the top. I have this cami in a light sea glass-y blue as well, and both are beautiful, but oddly cut. There is also a nice lace trim all along the bottom, but you never see it because they are so short! Apparently Banana Republic thinks we should all be out gallivanting in our under layers only.
This is one of the many items I have been toting around with me over the years that I've never really done anything with, other than pack and unpack. so it's thrilling to be able to actually *use* it. So no, this isn't some ironically hip thrift store find, but just something kitschy I've owned since I was a wee lass.

3 comments:

eednic said...

yay for wearing the fishy pin!! it's gorgeous! ya know...it wasn't really until i started blogging and seeing how other people dress that i began to really utilize some of the things that i owned but rarely wore. the blogs have inspired me to wear more accessories and put colors together in unique ways and dig things out and apparently write run-on sentences!

Bianca C said...

This is really cute! I always love khaki and denim!

nurmisur said...

The outfit looks very fresh but put togheter.And yeah for the pin!I also have some gifts that go around with me but are never worn.