Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My most perilous shoes


Cardigan: H&M; Shirt: NY&Co;
Shorts: Gap; Shoes: Chinese Laundry;
Necklace: Laila Rowe


These are without a doubt my most perilous shoes. They are fabulous and a bit absurd, but good gravy do I love them! I have only seriously fallen in them once, but I tend to break them out only for occasions where I don't need to be too mobile. Humorously enough, when I grabbed them this morning I thought 'Pssh- that heel isn't as high as I remember!', which is true, because in my mind they are roughly 6 inch stilettos- only 2 1/4" off! It's not the height so much as the absolute lack of support they offer. Sadly, these are not the most perilous shoes I've ever purchased, but the others have since been handed off to Goodwill.

Back to my current shoes. Aren't they cute?!?!?!
Yeah yeah, you shouldn't buy shoes you can't walk in. Whatever- I have a desk job!
And I am clearly sinking into my carpet. That makes them pretty comfy actually. :P

New topic. I like the way my hair looks a smidge stripey with my chunky highlights!
I think my makeup came out much better today- even if no one can tell a difference I am much happier with the results!

6 comments:

Bianca C said...

Your outfit id so adorable. I love the sweater and the shirt, and then the shoes give it a little kick. :-)

Milly said...

LOVE the shoes!!!

eednic said...

i am totally enamored with those shoes!!! i can has?

Mary said...

I totally feel ya on the shoes-- I have one particular pair that I adore but are physically impossible to walk in. Those are super cute though, and the colors look so sweet and summery together!

Jess said...

eednic - I shall leave them to you in my will! :D

I have *mostly* purged my closet of shoes that are uncomfortable, these are just kind of bad because of the loose straps and essentially zero support. I also now stay away from heels with just straps near the toes. I have a few pair that aren't too bad, but unless they are low heels (2" or less) they are just asking for trouble. I'm very uncoordinated and seem to have some balance issues already. I can fall over wearing sneakers.

nurmisur said...

You look very good in your shorts! The whole outfit is very cute.
I would need allot of more sandal around my feet :D