Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Saturday outfit

Jacket, tank, shorts: Gap; Shoes: Sears

Eeek! I'm falling way behind! I threw this on to go brave the mall and hit up Ikea. I'm not sure when the change occurred, but these days I do not find the mall to be a very pleasant experience. It's too crowded, and I've grown too accustomed to the leisurely browsing that online shopping allows. While I don't see myself converting to an online shopper for clothing, for items like shoes and accessories, online is the way to go!

Also, blame my husband for the terrible picture. And I guess also me for not making him take another one :P

These shoes cost me $6.99 at Sears! They were a little uncomfortable at first, but proved most useful while away at the beach. Granted, part of their high usage is due to the fact that my dog destroyed my flip flops, but nonetheless I enjoy them quite a bit and am glad they are a part of my shoe wardrobe!

I decided to do something a little different with my hair. I liked this a lot- it felt styled without the effort of drying it, and I got the benefit of having it down and wavy without having to actually deal with it being in my face! I will certainly be doing this again.

When I decided to start this blog, I had come to a point where I was tired of looking like a schlep. When I worked in an office I was capable of throwing together some nice things. while I didn't always exercise that ability, I knew it was there so I didn't as much mind looking terrible on the weekends. As a result, I never really mastered 'nice casual', but I knew it was time, specially with my new work situation. So whenever I realize that I've been able to meet that goal, I'm thrilled. Saturday was a prime example. While there is nothing particularly thrilling about what I wore that day, the fact is I looked about a million times better than I would have on the same type of day a few months prior. In addition to the outfit above, DH and I went out later int he evening when it was much cooler. I was able to quickly grab a cardigan, jacket, jeans and shoes to provide me with a stylish outfit that was more temperature appropriate, and it took almost no effort. That is major progress in my eyes!

1 comment:

nurmisur said...

I think it is a very nice casual outfit and I think the shoes are a great alternative to flip flops.
Casual can sometimes be tricky, especially when, like me , you're home and the weekends are pretty much as casual as the rest of the week.
But it's a daily effort, and you're doing great.