Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Weekend shirt on a Tuesday!

Cardigan: H&M; Silky tank: Nine West;
Pants: NY&Co; Wedges: Chinese Laundry;
Earrings: ?; Necklace: Gift, beaded by mom

I picked this silky tank up a long time ago at Lord and Taylor. Oh L&T, how I miss you! Anyway, I love it but it certainly isn't a work shirt! It is a tank with wide straps, but the cut is kind of funky and wide up top, so I never wear it without a cardigan. But the low-cut front is what takes it out of the work rotation- it's showy for sure! Since I'm just headed to WW and the gym after work, I decided to give it a go mid-week because it makes me feel pretty. Though honestly, I should have saved it for Thursday since that's when both DH and I are free after work!

I wore some makeup today! Never mind that my hair is a fright- I put in extra effort! I used to have a makeup routine down pat- I was always pleased with how it came out. But the sheer foundation I used to use has since been discontinued and I've had to get a lot of new products. I'm not sure I've found the right combination yet, but I think a recent mineral veil product purchase has promise. I also tried using an angled brush and navy eye shadow as liner today, but I ended up looking like I had light blue eyeshadow on instead- not so much the look I was going for! You can see the necklace better here. My mom made it for me at a bead shop while we were on vacation.

Another pair of older earrings- love these little bears! I don't recall liking these as much in the past, so I'm glad I hung on to them. I'm not 100% sure they go with the necklace, but since you can't see them anyway I don't care- they make me happy!

I have always liked the detail on the front of this shirt.

Brown wedges. I realized when putting them on they are very similar in color and sheen to the shirt, but I really wanted to wear them so I decided matching was good today. :)

5 comments:

nurmisur said...

The shirt is very beautiful ut I can relate why she doesn't go out much.
About your foundation I had a similar problem with a beauty product that did what I wanted and it took me ages to replace it. I wonder why they do that, are we the only ones that enjoy that product?

Unknown said...

You have quite a collection of jewelry. All are so unique :)

What a pretty top too!

Jess said...

nurmisur- I know! I also am unable to buy my preferred type of mascara in my state- I load up when I head back to MD! Today I was trying out a different flavor by the same company, but it is inferior imo.

Sher- Yeah, I have always liked jewelry a lot. :) I need to go sifting through the basement to see what else I have left!

Bianca C said...

The jeans look great! Perfect cut for you! And pretty shirt! Wasn't Lord and Taylor the store that only took cash, check or their own store card? That used to make me nuts LOL! I did get some great makeup deals when they closed locally.

I have a problem with makeup companies discontinuing my color all the time. :-P Makes me angry!! LOL!! I did luck out and find a bottle at an outlet, but that's almost gone. ergh!!

Jess said...

Bianca- L&T will take your money any way you want to give it to them! It's a national department store chain- slightly higher end than Macy's I believe. They always had good selection on the sale racks and will email you coupons for 20% off so I was able to get many a good deal there. I used to work across the street from one and I would hit it up over lunch!