Friday, August 21, 2009

T: Old Navy; Cardigan: Old Navy;
Jeans: Gap Outlet; Shoes: Zigi NY;
Jewelry: gifts

these are new skinny jeans I picked up at the Gap outlet while on vacation in DE last week- I love them. They are very comfortable and flattering, though they need a bit of a hemming. I was hoping wearing this cardigan open would sort of balance things out, but I'm not 100% sure I think it does. I was in a rush this morning, so it had to do.

Inspired by yesterdays fun pin, I decided to dig through my earrings and wear something a little different! These were a gift a long time ago (no idea from where, may have actually been given to my mom). They started out life as having an additional piece so there were actually twice as long! My mom shortened them up and gave me these. I used to wear much larger earrings when I was younger, and had quite the colorful collection. I'm not sure how many I have left- it's possible there is an old jewelry box running around my basement holding all manner of wild oversize earrings from the 80s and 90s, but only fairly reasonable ones are up in with my regular jewelry. I don't usually wear dangly earrings because I feel like they get lost in my hair- both visually and physically!

Finished things off with my sweet 16 necklace!

2 comments:

nurmisur said...

I don't think that things are 'out of porportion'.You look great!

Unknown said...

I say keep those jeans long. It gives you the option to wear them scrunched up like today. You can also wear them rolled or cuffed up at the bottom. Or last, you can even cheat and do what I do, I even tuck them under for a smooth look. It looks like they have been hemmed but they aren't.