Monday, August 3, 2009

My Summer 'do

shirt & jeans: Old Navy; cardigan: H&M;
slipper: Minnetonka; necklace: ???

Why yes, I *am* wearing my slippers! I'm not feeling tip-top (I actually 'went home early' on Friday because I felt so craptacular), so slippers were appropriately cozy. Despite my feeling less than stellar all weekend, I actually got a lot done including a trip to the hair salon for my annual bleach blitz.

Yup, this is my traditional summer hairdo. Every year, usually the 2nd week of August, we ship off for a week at the beach with my husband's family. It always inspires me to go a little shorter and a lot blonder than the rest of the year. I've gone with highlights this light before, but never so chunky. I like it!

Look at those big swaths of blond! They're almost white- and surely they will only get lighter after a week in the sun.

It feels super short, but really isn't all that short- see?

Lastly, let's all take a moment to appreciate what is probably my strangest necklace. I'm not sure where I got this little guy- outdoor music festival is my guess. When I was getting ready today, the usual silver pendant necklace just wasn't going to cut it- clearly today was a gnome day. Best part? There are slip knots on the cording so you can adjust the length! I usually just leave it long, but you could easily sport a gnome choker if you wanted.

4 comments:

eednic said...

love the highlights! you look fab!

Mary said...

That color is fantastic on you! I'm lovin' that necklace, too-- SO cute!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! That gnome is so cute! High lights are beautiful, like you've been at the beach all summer ;)

Nana Erin said...

Love the blond!~