Monday, November 9, 2009

Morning IHOP run

Often on Saturday or Sunday morning my husband and I will just get up, throw on whatever clothes are lying nearest and head out to IHOP for some breakfast and then to grocery shopping. This is me on one such morning! Since starting this blog I am pleased to report that these weekend pancake runs are rarely made in the same old ratty sweatshirt or yore.

Here also is a rare example of me in outerwear. This big pashmina kept my neck nice and toasty and brightened things up.

Here is my go-to purse. I rarely change my purse anymore and am usually using this bag. It's big and can take a beating, so I love it. I got it on sale at a Coach outlet a few years ago, so it certainly isn't current in the world of handbags, but I think it's a simple enough design to always look good. And who doesn't like burgundy suede?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jess!

I understand what you mean; I just entered the working world from college and I am trying to look more mature. Dressing a bit classier is one of the ways I am trying to go about that. I like your scarf! The color makes the whole outfit come together in a sophisticated and noticeable way!

I also just wanted to mention something about IHOP. I used to go there with my friends but the company has recently been exposed for food safety issues and animal cruelty in its supply chain. For more details, please check out: www.humanesociety.org/ihop.

I definitely appreciate your time. I just thought you should know what is going on with IHOP. And I like your flats, way cute!

Thank you,

Emily Spivak

Bianca C said...

LOL! Will you ever look at your pancakes the same?

I think you look great in the scarf!! It adds a nice pop of color to the outfit. Also, the bag is a classic, so its meant to be drug out time after time. :-)

eednic said...

i love the pop of color the scarf brings!

nurmisur said...

So cute!You look adorable .