Thursday, June 4, 2009

$4 pants and a blowout

Cardi: H&M; Shirt; J Crew;
Pants: NY & Co, consignment shop;
Shoes: Audrey Brooke;
Bracelet: Brighton

Here they are in all their glory- my $4 pants! Between yesterday and today I am just so thrilled. I love both outfits and it feels soooo good to be in pants other than jeans. I used to think wearing any pants other than jeans outside of work or a formal occasion was lunacy, but here I am, giddy at the prospect. I guess the allure of the telecommuter wardrobe has really worn off!

I totally love these shoes- they are extremely comfortable and the little tassel is kind of cute.

This is a bracelet most of you can appreciate- it has little purse charms on it! Isn't it cute! It was a total bear to get on and to be honest, it's driving me a little nuts (it drags on my desk making noise and generally getting in the way), but it makes me feel just a little bit more put together. I really miss wearing bracelets.

I'm not sure what came over me today, but this morning I decided to blow out my hair strait. In the past, this was a process that would take a good hour- blowing it out with the dryer and brush, then going over it with either a flat iron or large barrel curling iron to finish it. I was never 100% thrilled with the way it came out and it took too long to do more than a few times a year. With my latest haircut though, I have a lot of layering on my crown, so the bulk of my hair is actually a lot shorter than usual. So today I just blew it out with a brush and I'm pretty damn pleased with the results. It took at most 20 minutes so it's doable on a more regular basis. The ends are not as polished as usual, but overall it has a lot more body than previous attempts yielded, so I'm overlooking the ends. I'll just say I was going for a bohemian look.

ETA: I've become more and more aware lately of how neutral heavy my wardrobe is, so I'm trying to be a little more colorful!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Those pants are fantastic! I can't believe you got them for $4! Love the bracelet, too-- isn't it funny how just one little piece of jewelry can pull a whole outfit together?

undergradfab.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I so adore your bracelet! You have such pretty hair! It's funny you pull out your curls and I use the curling iron every day LOL!

Jess said...

Mary- Seriously! They were originally there for $7.99 but had been moved to the sale rack which meant 50% off! The store I purchased them from seems to try to cycle things in and out pretty quickly. I'm going to try and visit regularly.

Sher- change is always fun! My hair today makes me feel so put together, I think partly because it's just less frizzy this way. I really need to find a good anti-frizz product. I wash my hair a lot and have been cutting down as much as possible (a shower every morning plus after the gym 4 days a week- too many shampoos!). Hopefully it will help over time.