Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm back!

I should probably start with: I went away! I spent the past few days in CA for a friend's wedding- and had a blast! The weather was absolutely gorgeous- none of the nasty humidity plaguing Kentucky (and my former home DC- why can't I get away from that stuff?). It was also delightfully bug free- our house must have been built on a bug metropolis. Bug bites are my least favorite fashion accessory. I kept it pretty casual during non wedding events- pritned tees, shorts & light cardigans. Here is a perfect example of me enjoying some delicious cheap mexican food on the beach wearing such a combo.


I was a bridesmaid at said wedding, and the bride had one instruction: wear a navy blue dress. I was really looking forward to wearing my cute navy blue dress and it did not disappoint me! I got many compliments on it all day.

(Me after the wedding- the hair held up pretty well!)

Since the wedding was outside at a home, I opted for flats. Not the most exciting footwear choice, but I also didn't fall, which I take as a major accomplishment given the cobblestone paths I had to walk on. Due to it being June in CA, hair up was the only option. I once again turned to Kasmira's lazy girl updo, and it was nice and secure. I haven't done it enough to master the cute poof like Kasmira, but one day I'll get there!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great time! And happy you're back. (though you may not like the heat...send some my way ;))
Lovely dress you wore for the wedding!

Mary said...

SUCH a cute dress! No wonder you got oodles of compliments :)

Tina said...

Love love LOVE that dress. The ruffles at the neck take it from pretty to just perfect!

Nana Erin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress.