Friday, June 12, 2009

Get thee to a cobbler

Jacket: Old Navy; Blouse: H&M;
Slacks: NY&Co, consignment shop;
Shoes: Nine West;
Necklace: Gift via Overstock.com

Sorry for the darkness- it's been cloudy and overcast in between the rain for the past few days. I love this little red swingy jacket I got from Old Navy, but felt weird about wearing it inside- it has such a coat-ish feel to it, as opposed to some of the other blazers I own. I saw Kasmira wearing a similar coat-ish feeling little jacket the other day, and she was content to wear hers all day in her office, so I decided I needed to get over my neuroses and wear the darn jacket!

I *love* these shoes! I've had them for a few years now and have gotten my money's worth and then some out of them. The mid height heel makes them good for all day wear including actually walking for more than a brief trip to the copier.

Alas, I have not been checking them properly though and have let the heels wear down far too much. I'm hoping a good cobbler will be ab;e to repair them so they look good and stop making a horrible clicking noise when I wear them on tile!

This black pearl necklace was a gift from my in-laws. It's quite nice but doesn't get a lot of wear- I think I need to change that!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes! find one! Hope there's one in your area. I have one, who really does orthopedic work instead of my fashion shoes, but I'll take him. Other than that, I have to travel an hour to try another one.

Tina said...

I love your red jacket today. And cobblers are invaluable. I remember when I finally discovered that I could get my shoes fixed rather than throwing them away.

Lmac said...

The shoes are cute, as well as that jacket! Way to go on the bright color!

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Nine West shoes, but one thing is for sure their heel caps don't hold up very well. I have had many replaced, but it is totally worth it! Love the bright red!