Monday, June 15, 2009

Phinny would have liked my shoes

Scarf: World Market; Jeans: Old Navy;
Shirt: Express; Shoes: Target;
Earrings: ???

I got some crappy news yesterday. Devastatingly crappy. Our family dog Phineas said goodbye. He lived a long and happy life and he is truly missed.

One of Phinny's better qualities was his personality- he was a silly dog and never lost that puppy mentality. Because of that, I feel he would have liked my shoes. They're ridiculous and he was ridiculous. I got them at Target yesterday before I got the news.

I picked these earring up, somewhere. No idea. A few years ago I decided I needed to try wearing big earrings more often. I like these a lot and they are about as big as I can handle. They get totally tangled in my hair so they work best when it is up.

It is entirely possible I have had that black shirt since high school.

These shoes kind of cheer me up. Seriously- glittery animal print. Who needs that???

*Note: Phinny lived with my parents, and is not the black dog Madison I've shown here before. Madison is doing quite well and has been an excellent source of consolation. Dogs really can sense emotion.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know all pets are like one of the family and are truly missed.

Milly said...

Cute shoes...sorry to hear about your dog

Jess said...

Thanks guys. It is tough- you'd think these things would be easier as you get old, but not really. I'm sad for my parents as well- this will be the first time in 22 years my mom has not had a dog.

On the fashion front, I absolutely loved my shoes yesterday. They were very lightweight and comfortable. There are two other colors I may pick up. For $13/pair, it's hard to say no!