Tuesday, June 16, 2009

brown, brown, brown... pink!


Top, Cardigan, Necklace: Target;
Pants: Gap; Shoes: Chinese Laundry;
Bangles: Old Navy; Earrings: Girl Scouts of America

So from the ankles up, this is outfit is pretty good- a little bland on the color front, but nice and pretty put together (I think). The top has shades of green, but it all sort of falls into the brownish-neutral camp. But the shoes, oh the shoes! They add such excitement! Pizazz! They're so pink! And pointy! Pointy and Pink!! Whenever I used to wear these to the office, that's the general reaction I got.

I picked up the top, cardi and necklace all at Target the other day and I love all of them! I tried very hard to make sure I only purchased things with natural fibers- although the cardigan is 6% nylon, 2% spandex. Whatever- it's so soft! I was stoked to find a long, multi strand gold tone necklace with some personality, even if it came from a mass retailer.

I threw on the bracelets because I thought I needed at least a little color above my ankles. Somehow these rang up for $0.98- I wasn't going to argue with that!

I don't own many small gold tone earrings, so these get a fair amount of use. They make me smile :)

It took me about half about hour to produce what most women with straight hair would probably consider a very basic hairstyle. I like it a lot, hopefully I can get this down to a more respectable time frame- getting the clipped in part to look right took a surprising amount of time.

Now on to the really important question- which bag??? The gray one in my right hand is the one I usually use, because I love it, but the green one is a touch more fun. Is the green too matchy? Is the gray too bland? Do tell! Also featured is the bane of all light colored pants, to my far left.
Gray bag: Kenneth Cole
Green bag: Gap

5 comments:

Tina said...

Oh your earrings make me smile. I think they are so full of whimsy and are perfect.

As far as the bags go, I would chose the grey over the green for this look. The green purse doesn't really match or go with the colors in your outfit.

You look cute today!

Jess said...

Thanks :) I'm quite pleased with how it all came together.

Now that I see the picture, the green bag is all sorts of too bright! I should seriously utilize the light bulbs in my house.

I used to change my bags often, but have gotten lazy and carry so much junk these days that I only bother for evenings out when I can use a tiny clutch. I can't believe I used to change my bag almost every day!

Unknown said...

As soon as I saw your picture, the first thing I noticed was your top. I just love it! Everything you chose goes well with it.

I would go with the grey bag because the green bag you are holding is a blue base green. The top is a yellow based green. Put together they would be fighting each other ;)

eednic said...

love the pink pointy shoes! haha! i think they're the perfect touch to the outfit.

*Diane* said...

love this look!! pops of color= perfect and your accesories really pulled everything together. And i also would go w/ the grey bag as well