Monday, June 15, 2009

Long jeans

I wore this on Saturday for dinner out. My hair is still wet here- it looks terrible wet!


Blouse: Nine West; Jacket: H&M;
Jeans: Lucky; Shoes: Tribeca;
Necklace: via Macy's;
Bag: Aldo

This is easily one of my most favorite shirts. It's a fun feminine shape and have my favorite color combo- blue and green! Seeing it with the cami here I am embarrassed to admit I used to wear it without anything underneath- even to the office! I think I'll stick with an underpinning from now on. Both the top and jeans came via Lord and Taylor. The office I used to work in was across the street from a L&T and I really do miss being able to shop there. I used to always get coupons in the mail and they had excellent selection. I knew if I needed a dress or bathing suit, I need go nowhere else- L&T had my back. Alas, there does not appear to be a L&T anywhere near me now. Next time I'm in DC, I will pay L&T a visit.

I bought this multi-strand necklace without this shirt in mind, but have since found it to be the perfect necklace to wear with the top- It fills the negative space well without competing with the colorful print.

What can I say, I *love* these shoes. I've been itching to wear them since I purchased them a few days ago, but haven't really had occasion to wear such a high heel. To be honest, they are not particularly comfortable. Not only is the heel quite high, but the criss-cross straps put some unpleasant pressure on the top of my foot. They are also a real pia to get into (taking them off is pretty easy though). Regardless, I still love them and hope after a few more wears they will be broken in enough such that the straps aren't putting my feet into a death grip and I can get them on without too much trouble.

4 comments:

*Diane* said...

love the shows, and the print of your blouse :-)

eednic said...

i love Lucky Brand jeans. i think they're really flattering! i only have 1 pair (my mom bought me some for Christmas). and your shoes are hott!

Unknown said...

Love your top! And necklace!

Jess said...

These jeans are easily the most flattering pants I own from the rear! I will seriously consider the brand again. Fortunately I got these on the sale rack at Lord and Taylor for ~$30. I was skeptical when I pulled these out (they're old) due to the shape (big flare) and wash (fading on the thigh and wiskering), but despite those two supposed no-nos, they work! I think it's due to the length and the close fit of my tops here.