Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Old pants and thirfted shoes

Pants: Gap; Button down: NY & Co (yeah, I got 4 there);
Cardi: Old Navy;
Shoes: Ann Taylor Loft (via Snooty Fox!)

Yes indeedy, these are old pants! And they fit! Hooray! Honesty, they are a little worn, but it's nice to be in something a little different on bottom.

On to the other exciting aspect of my outfit- the shoes! I picked these up last night at my local consignment shop for $8.99. Nine bucks!!!! Seriously, never thought it possible. They are in excellent condition and just so cute! I think they're a good addition- a nice daytime flat that isn't brown. I do however feel like perhaps I should go find a yacht to hang out on (they're navy with white pin stripes if you can't tell). So I'm quite pleased with my first thrift store purchase. I also got a great pair of slacks for $4. Seriously, I spent more on my last bottle of nail polish!

I decided it was time to break out some of my gold jewelry for a change. My mom gave me this necklace when I turned (duh) 16. Isn't it cute!

I believe these earrings were purchased in Israel back when we went when I was 9. So I've had them for 20 years. Yowza!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I love your whole look today! eEspecially the necklace (how sweet!) and those great shoes! They look brand new and those colors are so versatile.

undergradfab.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Congrats on getting into an old pair of pants! If you are feeling like they aren't looking their best, you might try dying them to give them new life. I haven't done it with pants, but I did revive some old T-shirts that were looking a little past their prime. My guess is that it would depend what kind of wear you are talking about.

Unknown said...

Congrats on your great find! They are really cute shoes. I'm liking this whole outfit, I think maybe it's the cardigan that ties the whole look together.

Jess said...

Thanks everyone!

Yes, the shoes were an excellent find. I was actually about to storm the counter to pay for the pants (I was in a rush) when I saw them sitting out in a display area. I too think they'll be pretty versatile and an excellent day shoe.

Tina- the pants have overall changed color, which doesn't really bother me, but I was talking more about the hems being a bit frayed in the back and in general the fabric just looking a bit worn. I really like the cut though- the straighter leg is much more flattering on me than a flare.