Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spectacles

In honor of Sal and Angie's posts about eyeglasses, I thought I would share some pics of mine! I started wearing glasses for distance reading my first semester of college, and by the second semester I need to wear them full time. I've done the contact thing, but pretty much never wear them anymore. Contacts dry my eyes out so they are uncomfortable, and to be honest, I find them to be a real pain. Glasses, on the other hand, are so nice and easy and I think they make lee look quite nice!

A few years ago, when I was buying m y frist pair of frames on my own as an adult, I decided that I was going to make ncie frames a priorety and I woudl be willing to spend a lot on them- if you're going to wear them everyday, it's certainly a sound investment! I chose these blue plastic frames from Gucci, and have always been pelased with my choice. I've had them for several years and they are on their second set of lenses. I will be getting a new set sometime this year, but I'm tempted to get replacement lenses for these again and hold on to them.

They are a dark navy blue, but the inside plastic is translucent. the effect is subtle but nice. When I bought them I was concearned they would be too small on my face, but I think they are jsut big enought o not look off balance. My big hair helps too :P

On to the pics!

Oh, I also have prescription sunglasses- big black plastic frames with dark lenses. Very fabulous.

No comments: