Monday, September 14, 2009

If it's good enough for J Crew...

Shirt: Eddie Bauer; Pants: Old Navy;
Shoes: Bandolino

I think I may have found the solution tot hose days when I don't have time or interest in styling my hair for real, but want it to look like I did. Adding the little poof to Kasmira's lazy girl's updo really made it a look I love on me, and it was pretty darn easy. I expect to employ this style a lot in the coming weeks as I work to get my hair used to less washing.

If I look like I'm wearing too much eyeliner, it's because I kind of am. I purchased my first liquid eyeliner recently so I anticipate it taking oh, at least a few dozen attempts to get it totally right. Lucky for me I happen to like the trashy-too-much-black-eyeliner look, just neater than what I have today.

Back view:

Shoes for Fall, a touch early. These are suede so I feel like they are best left to the cooler months, but I've been wanting to wear them so September is close enough!

Sadly these are a bit big on me- I'll have to try adding a little bit of something to the inside heel part to stop them from slipping when I walk. These were purchase before I had the dawning realization that when it comes to high heels, I really do need to go down half a size. This realization has made for much happier shoe fittings.

What's that you ask? Are my nails a bit bright? Why yes, they are. What started out as the world's ugliest nail polish has been (in my opinion) saved and transformed to the most obnoxiously cute preppy nail art. Ta-dah!

4 comments:

Bianca C said...

Firstly, I love your hair like that. Its nice to see your face so clearly.

Also -the too big heels? Get thee some inserts! Foot Petals are nice, and if one is not enough, you can layer two.

Unknown said...

Love your new hairstyle!

FutureLint said...

I've always been too scared to try liquid eyeliner - I suck at make-up in general and I'm okay with that! I'm all about oxford shirts lately, I love yours! And, too cute on the nails!

eednic said...

your hairs looks pretty! and those shoes=HOTT! love those nails. maybe someday I should do something with my nails. i have about 50 tons of nail polish (mmm...not quite) but i NEVER paint my nails.