Thursday, September 10, 2009

Victory!

Top: Nine West; Cardigan: Old Navy;
Pants; Gap; Shoes: Nickle;
Pearls: gift

Victory!!! As in victory rolls! I wound up watching some YouTube tutorials on this 40's hair style, and felt pretty inspired to give it a go myself this morning. Overall I am very happy with how it came out. It was fairly easy and quick, and I will only get better with time! The hardest part is dealing with the bobby pin placement- one showed up when I took the picture below, but I seriously cannot see it int he mirror! I think I moved it- kind of hard when one is going by feel alone.
Some more angles...
Obviously I still need to work on my hair straightening/curling, but the basic style rocks and gives some much needed oomph to my appearance. A pencil skirt and these heels would have really been great for this hairstyle and top, but I don't own a pencil skirt and these pants call for flats, so too bad. :P

I chose these gold and pearl earrings- I feel they fit style wise quite well!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I had to do my hair like that all the time for shows-- I love how you've incorporated it into your everyday!

Tina said...

I was watching tutorials on youtube for 40s hairstyles just this morning. :)

Bianca C said...

Your hair looks great like that. I never once thought about doing something like this. I am going to have to check out those you tube tuts!

And get thee a pencil skirt - STAT!

eednic said...

oh wow!!! the hair looks awesome! fantastic look on you!