Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Outfit + bonus pic!

Jacket: Context; t-shirt: ON;
Jeans: ON; Shoes: Aldo

Brrrr! It's cold here people! A velvet jacket is just the thing to combat that :) I feel a little bit like I'm getting overly repetitive with what I wear, but at least I'm repeating something good! These are old jeans- I'm unsure how I feel about them, but I think I like them.

Pros: They are comfy and I feel like they show off my legs, which I love.
Cons: They have some weird lightening along the thighs- who needs that??? Also, they are, uh, tight. While that means they show off the pleasing shape of my legs, it doesn't necessarily create the most balanced silhouette.
They are under review.

While I was in DC, I of course went shopping. It's not that stores don't exist in Cincinnati/KY, it's just that my shopping buddy Rachel lives there! These lovely shoes were picked up at Also. They also came in some bright berry pink color (kind of like a brighter version of the color of my jacket) and both my friend and the sales associate tried to talk me into getting the pink version, but I really liked this neutral color- it's a unique color and will actually stand out in my shoe collection!


Are they not adorable???
I also bought some make-up while I was gone. I'm wearing eyeshadow, but it's pretty subtle. I also purchased a foundation primer which I think works really well, even if only in my yes. I like how it all turned out today!

And here is a bonus pic! My mom recently sent me a bunch of old pictures she had hanging around (she's a photographer, so she has *lots* of pictures hanging around. This picture was taken round about senior year of high school, so I'm 16 or 17 here. I love this picture for several reasons:
  1. Hello, look at my hair! Those are some serious braids.
  2. You probably can't tell, but I'm wearing an X-Files t-shirt- it remains to this day my most favorite television series ever. The bestest. I still want to marry Fox Mulder.
  3. I coveted those sneakers for quite awhile, I thought they were soooo cool. The sneaks and pants are representative of me starting to achieve my fashion ideals finally. For a long time I wore clothes but really didn't come into my own fashion wise until I got older. So even though I would not make the same choices today, it gives me a good feeling to look back at that and see the positive side of it. Pants are green corduroy- also wicked cool in that not actually cool, but dude I listen to Nirvana so I'm cool for being different kind of way. Totally.

3 comments:

Mary said...

That blazer is gorgeous! Good call on the neutral pumps too, they're fantastic and will literally go with everything :)

Bianca C said...

I love the blazer! So cute!!

Mary is totally right, you are going to get a lot of wear out of the nude shoes!!

eednic said...

your blazer is gorgeous dahling! ahahha! look at your high school pic! my high school pics feature me with gigantic bangs mostly.