Monday, July 27, 2009

One of many

Black shirt; J Crew; Cardigan: Old Navy;
Jeans: Old Navy; Flats: Target;
Necklace & mesh ring: Tiffany & Co.

Over the years I have accumulated quite a little collection of black sleeveless shirts. I own 6 or 7 of them- they are the most dominant clothing type in my wardrobe. So I find it quite surprising that this is the first time one is being featured on my blog. I think it's because I've been trying to break free from the rut I was in when dressing for the office on a daily basis- I can't begin to tell you how many times I showed in black top, grey slacks, and black shoes, with silver jewelry. It's a simple look, and one I do still like, but not the most exciting thing out there. It feels good to be back in one of my favorites though!

Here's a close up of the shirt/sweater color, plus my awesome necklace. It was my mom's, but she grew to dislike such short necklace lengths and gave it to me instead of letting it languish in her jewelry box- thanks mom!

I did try lightening up my photos, but then I ended up with this.

Luckily close-up shots always come out with better colors. Here again are my fabulously absurd sparkly zebra print shoes from Target

This ring (yes, I am ringless in the outfit shots- I forgot I had taken them off to dray after a hand washing), is a favorite of mien that sadly gets no wear. It's too big, and it can't be re-sized. I decided to give it a wear today for kicks, but the truth is it is more annoying than any ring should be. It feels like I'm wearing a heavy metal bracelet on my finger.

*Sniff*. I guess I will really have to break down and find it a new home. Or I could forget how annoying it is and wear it again in 6 months :P

3 comments:

eednic said...

super cute flats! i meant to scoop up some flats from Target but somehow talked myself out of them. i'm coming to realize slowly but surely that I can almost never go wrong with shoes from Target and I should just buy them already!!

Jess said...

Thanks :) These are very comfortable- I highly recommend them! I also would like to get them in a few other colors. I hope they are still around for a little while longer!

Unknown said...

Need to check out those flats too!