Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Wherfor art thou symmetry?

Blouse: Ann Taylor Loft; Cardigan: Target;
Pants: NY & Co; Shoes: Audrey Brooke;
Necklace: Tiffany & Co; Pin: Baltimore Gem & Jewelry Expo

This shirt is taunting me. Taunting me with it's bizarre neckline. It is ruched near one side of the neckline, and once held a big weird flower there, making it's off-kilterness acceptable. It help that flower until this morning. You see, when you have a giant three dimensional flower on your shirt, so far off tot he side as to be practically in your armpit, it is nigh impossible to wear anything over top. That fact made this shirt a barely worn piece, despite it's charming banding at the low waist which made me like it so much in the first place. so this morning, tired of seeing this shirt in my closet and feeling I can't wear it because it's just too cool to be sleeveless inside anywhere, I decided to rectify the situation and mr. seam ripper and I had a little conversation with the flower.

Sot o sum it ll up, I now have a shirt which I can wear more frequently, but because I cut the flower off it's weirdly asymmetric neckline now has no excuse and it just looks like I can't dress myself. I still like it though :)

Here is mister flower:
Vast improvement I say! Yes the flower actually looks that smooshed.

Here is a close up of my pretty pin! I bought this during a random visit tot he Baltimore Gem and Jewelry Expo a few years ago and constantly kick myself for not buying some of the other pins that were there. This little beauty has been prettying up my winter coat for several years now, but I thought it was high time I wear it more.

Comfy shoes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bye bye mushed flower LOL! I love the cardi with pin over it better!