Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thank the shoes


Cardigan: H&M; Tank: Old Navy;
Shorts: Gap; Shoes: Unlisted

Yes, thank the shoes! You see, these shoes really pushed me towards dressing up more. I purchased them during the time when I was wearing he same crappy jeans, sweatshirt, and assortment of college t-shirt day in and day out. But I had to have these shoes- they were the most glorious things I had seen in awhile. I was hesitant at firs though- when would I wear them? I didn't work in an office anymore, so would they ever be used? Then it really started to dawn on me- I like, no love, high heels. Therefore I was going to have to adjust how I viewed fashion. There's absolutely no reason why I can't wear these shoes when I'm sitting at home on my computer. So what if there's no one but my dog to see them? I love them and they make me happy. See how happy I am in the picture on the right? Happy because of great shoes! There's all that other junk about self esteem and taking care of oneself and blah blah blah, but on a day to day basis, sometimes it's as simple as having killer shoes to brighten your mood. So the clothes followed the shoes.

See how bright and pretty they are?
The pattern is different on each shoe, making them unique from one another.
The best part is the back- see how saucy they are!

They still need some serious breaking in, but I'm committed to showing them the love they deserve. Show your shoes some love today!

6 comments:

Mary said...

Those shoes are SO fabulous. Love them!

Unknown said...

Sorry to sound cliche, but those red shoes will take you places. See.... they lift your spirits and change your personality a bit. that my dear,is what makes a perfect set of shoes ;D

Tina said...

love love love the shoes!

Lesa said...

Possibly the cutest shoes ever!

eednic said...

those are some hardcore fabulous shoes!

Milly said...

very cute shoes