Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back from vacation!

I'm back! I spent the long weekend (plus some extra days at the end of last week) in Burlington, VT visiting my brother in law (he goes to school there, making me feel old and out of touch) and enjoying all the mapley goodness VT has to offer. It was lots of fun and my wardrobe did not fail me! My goal was to bring items that were casual but would distinguish me as *not* a student but instead as someone with a job and regular grooming schedule. I also needed items that could work for touristing during the hot daytime and transition to dinner out in cooler VT nights. My daily uniform wound up being graphic Ts and cardigans with either a fun necklace or bracelet- my new favorite combo! I was quite pleased with how versatile my clothing was, but I also realized just how repetitive it is. Two new cardigans compliments of Old Navy and a plethora of new shoes as of late should help shake things up! Basically I'm replacing my old crappy free t-shirts with nicer graphic T's and my beloved sweatshirts with cute light weight cardigans to prove to the world I do in fact have female anatomy.

This is going to be a busy week for me- lots of laundry, cleaning house for my upcoming parental visit, and oh yeah, the hubs and I are both slammed with work. Hopefully I'll be able to get some decent posts up anyway!


In the meantime, I leave you all with a look at what all the most fashionable trees were wearing this spring in Baltimore:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Wonder if those were knitted right on the tree....

Jess said...

I think so! I have heard about this before actually- some rogue knitters go around and knit sweaters for trees and telephone poles. This was pretty extensive- they must have used a ladder!