Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dressing up for the plumber?

This morning I had a plumber stop by to give me an estimate on some work, so I used that as an excuse to look a little nicer than normal. Plus, today is one of those rare weekdays where I'm not heading strait to the gym after work and will instead be spending the night relaxing at home with the hubs. I figured he might also appreciate my efforts seeing as most nights he sees me in post workout comfy clothes.
Jeans: Old Navy; Cami: Gap;
Blouse: Banana Republic; Cardigan: J Crew

Necklace was a gift from my mom- handcrafted by her in a bead shop while on vacation.


Love these new flats from Rocket Dog, despite their strong desire to chomp on the back of my ankles.

*Note: I get a lot of mileage out of these jeans, for two reasons. One, I don't have a lot of bottoms to begin with and these are much beloved. I've never owned a wide array of bottoms, but this is true now more than ever. Short version: I lost a bunch of weight (yay!), got rid of most of my clothing, then gained the weight back a while later (boo!). Now I've lost half that weight again and am waiting to buy a ton of clothing until I'm done. Then I will shop till I literally drop. Seriously. I may even take a vacation day and go on a Tuesday so I have the mall somewhat to myself. The second reason I am often in jeans, is my home office happens to be in the coldest part of the house. Brrr! Heck, I even had to run the heat yesterday. It was below 70 degrees! The price one pays to get the room with the best view...

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I LOVE the name of your blog. So cute!

Good luck on your journey!