Thursday, May 28, 2009

I love purple


Cardigan: Old Navy
Cami: Gap
Jeans: Z. Cavaricci
Shoes: SM New York

While I have finally figured out that my camera has a timer, I am still working on getting clear pictures inside. Bah!

I do, in fact, love purple very much. I tried to not wear too much purple at once, but I also love matching. I don't think this is 'too matchy-matchy' though.

I bought this necklace as a strand of beads during a random excursion to the Baltimore Gem and Jewelry Expo a few years ago. I strung it on actual necklace wire and slapped a clasp on it. Because I don't actually know how to make jewelry, it is not the nicest looking in the back, so I just prefer to wear it when my hair is down :)
Here is the detail on my wacky jeans. I don't care if they aren't cool- I just love these silly pants!
These shoes are another pair from my 6pm.com binge. They aren't the highest caliber product, but they are pretty trendy (to me) so I don't mind them perhaps not lasting forever. Besides, not every shoe needs to be so pricey you fear for its safety with every step. I am constantly worried about ruining the few expensive things I own, so I'm happy to not buy them.

5 comments:

Mary said...

I love the purple-- it's a great color for you! Those shoes are fantastic though, and definitely deserve to be showcased :)

undergradfab.blogspot.com

Pauline Wiles said...

Purple really rocks. So nice to see a bit more of it in the shops these days; for a couple of years it was in exile I think.

Unknown said...

Love the embroidery on those capris. Are they full length jeans rolled up?

Jess said...

Thanks everyone!

Sher- when I bought them they came with a very large cuff, I just changed it so they would be shorter on me. They are kind of tapered and very short, so they would look *terrible* on me rolled down all the way.

Lmac said...

I don't think I could live without the timer on my camera! Esp. since I take all my pics myself! Glad yours has one! I'm sure youll get clear pics in no time.

This is one cool relaxed looking outfit!