Friday, May 8, 2009

Goin' to the Yacht Club

Happy Friday! Tonight is Girl's Night Out at the fabulous Ludlow-Bromley Yacht Club, the classiest joint on the Ohio River. And by 'the classiest joint' I really mean it is a total dive bar with nothing on tap and no walls. I love it! This is my first time wearing this cute jacket from the Gap. I purchased this a few weeks ago when I was back in DC for work, and it is actually looser now than when I purchased it. Score one for Jess!

Jacket: Gap; Graphic T: Old Navy
Shoes: Me Too; Clutch: Steve Madden (very dark green, not black)
Bracelet: Claire's???


I have a few of these graphic tees from Old Navy- they were purchased during my first bout of "I really need to stop looking like I accidentally wandered off campus ". Honestly though, other than wearing them solo with shorts, I never knew what to do with them. After wandering the annals of youlookfab.com I said 'hey, why *not* wear them under a little jacket???'. So there you go.


This is actually doubly impressive (to me) because when I purchased the jacket I was wearing my perfect white button down, and it of course looked great together, because everything looks great with my perfect white button down, but I was worried I wouldn't know how the wear the jacket with anything else! My not-so-secret problem is that I am not very good at wearing items with a wide array of other items. I'll make an initial paring, but then get stuck how to branch out. I'm working hard on changing that and it's a lot of fun. Who knew. :)

Everyone needs bronze flats. Seriously.


Telecommuter note: I took the bracelet off to work. Wrist jewelry and lap tops don't work together very nicely in my world. Also, if these shoes weren't as mind blowingly comfortable as they are, I would also ditch those for work in favor of slippers.

3 comments:

Pauline Wiles said...

I'm trying to decide whether I like your bronze flats or your dog more! They are both seriously cute accessories ;)

Jess said...

Madison is glad to get some appreciation for her cuteness! Unfortunately, she likes to send me off with little reminders of her- dog hair gets everywhere!

Nana Erin said...

I wear bracelets all the time, but when I am at my desk, I alwasy take them off and set them beside the mousepad!~ ;)