Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First thrift visit

No outfit pic today. Last night I went shopping in a thrift store for the first time. Seriously. I had been in thrift stores before, but have never actually gone shopping for myself. While I did not take anything home with me, I did see a few things I would have, had they been in my size/better condition!

I went to The Snooty Fox, which is a local Cincy chain. It's located right near my WW meeting, so I will try to check it out on a regular basis. I understand the best way to get thrifty deals is to go frequently, so hopefully one day I'll be able to share equally fabulous finds of my own that so many others have shared!

If you live in/around the Cincinnati area, where do you like to go thrifting? Am I allowed to use the lingo even though I have yet to purchase anything? Feels a bit premature....

Since photo-less posts are boring, I'll discuss nail polish. I also just happen to have right here a photo of my favorite colors! This year I made a conscious effort to get some seasonal shades: OPI's Sand in My Suit & Conga-Line Coral. I like both color-wise, but have come to the realization I don't like the metallic shades as much as the regular finish. So I have also purchased a non-metallic coral and hope to use it soon!

OPI Sweet Heart; OPI Pink-ing of You;
OPI Sand in my Suit;OPI Conga-Line Coral;
OPI On Collins Ave.; OPI Grand Canyon Sunset;
OPI Chick Flick Cherry;
Cover Girl Fabulous Fuchsia

I generally will only use the first 3 shades on my fingers as the best disguise the inevitable chipping. Lately though, my latest hobby, gardening, is killing my nails so I am just trying to get them back into reasonable condition. Toes are currently the last shade- hot pink!


3 comments:

Milly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milly said...

I love OPI Nailpolish...I own a few myself...I have Chick Flick Cherry

Unknown said...

I use a dark color on my toes and light ones on my hands for the summer. It does hide the chipping ;)