Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More Jess in dress action



Cardigan: H&M; Dress: INC via consignment;
Heels; Franco Sarto; Necklace: F21

After the rousing success of my last day dress, I kept my eyes open for possible new contenders at my local consignment shop and scored this fun navy number that same day! I initially had visions of this dress with mustard yellow or maybe rust orange tights, but I don't any of those and was tired of waiting to wear it. I dug through my sad hosiery drawer and wound up with these- kind of a weird mushroom-y color. I know opaque tights are what is in right now, but when I had to dress on it just seemed like so much dark- darker tights were adding a lot of bulk on my lower legs which are not actually bulky at all thankyouverymuch. So these wound up being a perfect pairing, except it was all still kind of dark and just blah. Thin green cardigan to the rescue! When I first purchase the cardigan I worried I wouldn't get a lot of use because it is so thin, but that has turned out to be a major asset- it's an excellent layering piece and here it's weird short length is perfect! Plus it added some much need brightness. So while this is totally not how I envisioned wearing the dress (except for the shoes), I love the way it came out!

I've had these shoes for awhile and they are great- very comfortable and they have a cool distressed finish.

They've kept me on he dance floor at many a wedding.

I like the knot detailing on the bust of this dress, though it does make things quite, er, busty. but in a flattering way I think!

A perfect time for gold tone earring with blue green stones, don't you think?

Hooray for a warmer day today! I contemplated going bare-legged (better to show off my fun blue nail polish) but really, it's not that warm.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Love the necklace! I think that cardi goes perfectly with the dress-- great choice!

nurmisur said...

Jess looks nice in dresses :)
The cardigan gave it a nice pop of color.

FutureLint said...

Cute, cute dress! And green with navy is one of my favorite color combos!

Elaine said...

I LOVE your dress!!!!! It is very flattering :D


clothedmuch.blogspot.com