Wednesday, October 14, 2009

seeking warmth

Sweater: Banana Republic; Pants: J Crew;
Shoes: Audrey Brooke; Necklace: F21

It is definitely sweater season. Which means for me, it is itchy season. I have yet to find a sweater that doesn't make me want to rip my arms off at least a little. Cardigans, well those are fine. But for some reason all my sweaters drive me at least a little bonkers. Perhaps it's the looser arms on cardigans? The lighter weight nature of them?

Instead of trying to hide my belt, which always ends up looking lumpy and terrible, I'm instead purposefully hiking the sweater up a bit to make it more purposeful. It feels catalog-y to me.

It's a pretty simple and boring outfit, but I like simple and boring it turns out :) I tried piling on a few other necklaces to make it a little more interesting, but found that none of it looked right so I went with just the leaves (which I do love).

Tassels! I love the tassels.

4 comments:

nurmisur said...

It's a combination that always work. It's a classic :)
Do every type of sweaters itch?Does it happen with every type of wool?

Bianca C said...

I agree with nurmisur - check the fabrication of the sweaters. I find sweaters with cashmere are really bad for me, and its hard to wear wool directly against my skin. Rabbit fur or Angora? torture chamber.

All of my wool pants are fully lined, and I try to stay with cotton and silk for tops.

Your outfit is very classic.

Jess said...

I checked some itchy and non itchy items in my closet- wool is not my friend. Who knew I had so many cotton cardigans? I will be more diligent with label checking from now on!

Stupid itchy wool.

Bianca C said...

;-)

I have learned to check that first after many a rash LOL. Sorry - TMI :-)