Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A whole lot of new.

Cardigan: Ann Taylor Loft; Dress: Laundry;
Boots: BCBG; Belt: Lauren by Ralph Lauren

So there is a whole lot in this outfit which is new to me, fashion wise. First off, you may have noticed skirts don't get a lot of action in my daily wear, and dresses appear for events only. It's not that I don't *like* skirts or dresses, it's just that I still harbor a lot of body image hangups associated with them. I think I may be changing my ways though! I'm really enjoying wearing this dress today and feel extra pretty in it, even with today being an atrocious hair day :)

Also, I have for a long time harbored a strong disdain for tights/hosiery in general (even knee highs). I must say though, having not worn stockings of any kind in a few years, I may even change my tune about those! These are not nearly as uncomfortable to wear as I remember! Granted, I've had some body changes since the last time I worn hosiery of any sort and I think that is a big part of it, but still, I think I may have to keep my eyes peeled for some cute dresses and tights for the Fall season!

I've always liked the belted look on other women, but never really knew how I myself could pull it off. Well all it took was a chilly morning apparently! I started the day wearing just the dress (it has 3/4 length sleeves and pretty poofed shoulders), but got cold pretty early on so I ran upstairs to grab something to throw over it. I realized this teal cardigan would add the perfect splash of color, and that I had a belt staring right at me that might work over it. Ta-dah! I'm all sorts of pleased with myself today!

I've owned these boots for a few years but the lack of skirts/ dresses, and up until recently skinny cut jeans, meant there was no way for me to show them off- how sad! So I was excited for cooler weather to come because I wanted to give them a try with this dress, which I think of as the super-autumn-fall dress. I mean come on, it's too perfect of a fall color scheme!

Taking a picture while wearing these was nigh impossible!

So in summary, dresses and hosiery are off my 'evil' list, I've realized I have to stock up some on cooler weather wardrobe items, and I have a lot of new types of items I want to shop for. My strong desire for tall boots seems reasonable!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So loving this change up on you! Wear dresses and skirts more often :)

Jess said...

:)

I'm amazed at how much I am enjoying my outfit- it's a whole new world of clothing options! I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for more dresses!

Mary said...

You look so fantastic! I agree with Sher-- skirts & dresses & belted cardis are definitely your friend, girl! Also? Loving those boots SO much.

nurmisur said...

Fantastic outfit!You should wear more skirts, dresses and show off those fabulous boots.

Kyla said...

On a scale of 1-10, this is a 25! You totally nailed this look! I love that dress and your chosen accessories are perfection. Those boots are to die for, but I'm pretty sure I would die weraring them :)

eednic said...

you look fabulous in this!! i love the color choice for the cardi with the patterned dress. and those boots=hubba hubba!!

Jess said...

Thanks ladies :D

I was so pleased with my dress wearing and even found a new one when I was at my local consignment chop the other night- I can't wait to test it out!