Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF to the max people!

Sweater: Eddie Bauer; Tank: Gap;
Jeans; Old Navy; Flats: Steve Madden

OMGI'MSOGLADIT'SFRIDAY!!!!! I'm looking forward to the weekend, can you tell? Yes, my hair is doing something funky here. It happens.

Now seems like a good time to discuss fit! Specifically, the fit of the clothes I am wearing! As you can see above, this sweater has kind of a relaxed, roomy cut to it. The plus side; comfort of course! And not getting rid of clothes you bought when you were a size bigger! The down side: That extra fabric tends to sit in some weird ways, giving you creases in unusual places. We're not talking tons of fabric, but even just a little bit can make a big diff on me. Apparently.

Here is how this sweater would look if it were more fitted:
Much better! I look less like I have some weird glandular disorder, and I also think it makes em look taller, which the fashion industry tells me I should be aiming for.

These are the jeans I wore the other day and said were under review. I am not taking them off review and officially stating my preference for them over many other pants! The flare is nowhere near as pronounced as it was in my head, and they are still really comfy. They're a bit long for flats, but luckily I'm not planning on leaving the house in them.

Here are essentially the same jeans, just one size larger (and with a higher rise, actually):
Again, small difference, but in person I can tell they are a different size. I feel like these both work though- and the larger size pair is slightly shorter so they work better with flats. They are however, getting to the annoying stage where if I don't wear a belt, I'm doing that constant hitch-up thing which is decidedly un-fashionable. The big difference that I see though is how each would look with a more fitted top. The baggier jeans now just look funky that way.

Moving on, I love my new flats! Aren't they fun??? This is the kind of pattern one might see in a zip-up hoodie in the teen section and be tempted to purchase (if you're me), but I think this is a more manageable amount of said pattern. Or maybe I'm just a pattern wuss!

Close up of my pretty necklace and my rockin' color combo:

Have a good weekend everyone! We're hanging some dry wall this weekend. You're jealous, I know.
p.s. Man I look tired.

3 comments:

Blasé said...

Pretty Blue Sweater...but, what's up with the hair?

Jess said...

I let my hair air dry, so it dries in a specific position. When it gets moved around it sits awkwardly- the base of the hair strands are being asked to lay at a different angle, so you get odd bits of volume when you flip hair over. It's the same basic concept as brow drying one's hair upside down to create more volume, only in this case it is undesired.

If you had long hair, you would understand this concept :)

If you were referring to something else about my hair, well, then you'll have to be more specific.

Elaine said...

Great sweater. Love the color! and those flats ARE pretty cool ;)


clothedmuch.blogspot.com